DescriptionThe education is designed for primary care providers who see and treat obese children. Other health care professionals with an interest in prevention and management of childhood and adolescent obesity will also gain significant knowledge. The content will offer actionable information to support improved competence in treating obese children. Providers will have strategies to apply in their practice to increase competence in counseling parents and children in early childhood feeding practices, weight bias, and motivating children to eat better and be more active. Clinicians will be able to discuss the pros and cons of bariatric surgery as a treatment option and predict the patient’s success post-surgery.
9:00 am - 9:15 am
9:15 am - 10:15 am
Taking the battle out of getting kids to eat healthier and move more.
10:30 am - 11:30 am
The new obesity management algorithm – instituting it in your office
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
Everyday weight bias and stress
1:00 pm - 1:45 pm
Can someone please explain all these obesity tools?
1:45 pm - 2:30 pm
How early can we start ? Early childhood feeding practices and how to implement them in your office
2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Adolescent Bariatric Surgery – Is this the answer?
- Taking the battle out of getting kids to eat healthier and move more
- The new obesity management algorithm – instituting it in your office
- Everyday weight bias and stress
- Can someone please explain all these obesity tools?
- How early can we start ? Early childhood feeding practices and how to implement them in your office
- Adolescent Bariatric Surgery – Is this the answer?
1. Implement available tools for use to treat and prevent childhood obesity in the primary care office.
2. Describe how to help parents build skills, tactics, and strategies, to address modifiable family practices in early childhood feeding practices.
3. Recognize weight bias in your office and schools
4. Evaluate stress in pediatric patients and implement strategies to mitigate the effects.
5. Implement current evidenced based practices for managing and treating obesity.
6. Identify indications, options for surgical management of the adolescent.
7. Describe current tools available for preventing and treating obesity.
8. Describe parenting techniques that promote lifelong healthy eating and activity.