DescriptionThis activity is designed for practicing pediatric surgeons, pediatric surgical trainees and adult general surgeons who have an interest in the latest developments and trends in laparoscopy repair of hernias in children.
Directors & Faculty
Todd Ponsky, MD
Dr. Ponsky is a Professor of Surgery, and the Director of Clinical Growth and Transformation at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, He is also a consultant pediatric surgeon at Akron Children’s Hospital.
Non Mesh Laparoscopic Pediatric Hernia Repair
- Explain the different options available for the laparoscopic pediatric hernia repair
- Identify the specific steps of the lap-assisted, percutaneous technique as described by Darius Patkowski.
- Describe the equipment necessary for this technique
- Review the current literature and evidence relating to the laparoscopic pediatric hernia repair
- Contrast benefits and risks of the procedure and how to advise the parents of the pros and cons of the technique